In the second interview, I get to interview Mr. Sudhir of vfreshers.com. He runs a website that provides info about fresher jobs.
- Q. In your own words, who are you and what is your business?
- A. I am an IT Professional having worked in Software industry in India & USA for 4-5 years. I have been working on Vfreshers.com along with my wife who is a law graduate and left her career to pursue my dream.I have also left my full-time job 3 months back. Vfreshers.com is a platform for all the fresh graduates in India.
- Q. How did you come up with the idea for your business?
- A. I myself used to look for this kind of information when I passed out of University. Initially, I started with a website on Walk-in Interviews and then later on started Vfreshers.com
- Q. Is this your first business?
- A. Yes
- Q. Who are your customers?
- A. Our Customers are both Fresh Graduates & all those corporate who are seeking to hire Entry Level Talent in their organization.
- Q. What are your most significant products or services?
- A. We are giving an opportunity to Freshers to find for all kind of Freshers Jobs at a single place. In addition to that we also write on other stuff like Resume Writing, Latest Career Trends & other Career related information which is very useful for Fresh Graduates & Entry Level Jobseekers.
- Q. How has your market changed in the past few years?
- A. The Market has become more competitive with the entry of more such websites. Even big companies like Naukri.com are entering this space now.
- Q. How has your business changed to keep pace?
- A. We have been trying to keep ourselves distinct by keeping our website as user friendly as it can be. It is very easy to search jobs in various categories and apply for the same.
Growth and Revenues
- Q. How many employees do you have? Full- or part-time?
- A. We do not have many employees right now we are in “start-up” mode. All of the employees are “part-time” and work from their own locations.
- Q. How did you finance your business? What have been your most effective sources of financing over the years?
- A. Bootstrapped
- Q. Is the business profitable? Still investing, cash flow positive, profitable?
- A. Yes – the business has been profitable so far.
- Q. What are the most crucial things you have done to grow your business?
- A. Invested lot of time and believed in it from day one.
- Q. What plans do you have now to expand your business further?
- A. Plans to cover more segments other than jobs too & take it to the next level.
Your management style
- Q. What is an average workday like for you? What systems have you used to automate your business to give you more time for business planning and development?
- A. When you are pursuing a dream or passionate about something, it is difficult to keep work-life balance. I work for minimum 12 hours each day.
- Q. What has been your biggest challenge to date?
- A. To find talented people to work with us.
- Q. Have you ever felt like giving up?
- A. Never
- Q. What has been your biggest mistake in business?
- A. Started Late. I wish I had started during my college days.
- Q. If you were starting again, what would you do differently?
- A. I would have avoided partnering with anyone in a project.
- Q. Words of advice to fellow entrepreneurs.
- A. Never Give Up
For our readers
- Q. Do you any opportunities / offers / partnership ideas about which you want to put a word out?
- A. We are always open to any business opportunity proposals that come our way.
- Q. Best way to reach you (IM/email/twitter/social media/blog)
- A. vfreshers(AT)gmail.com (Gtalk)