Now with the goodness of Hacker News and reddit. Thank you everyone for doing a great job proof reading the post.
Do checkout stackmonthly. A monthly roundup of best questions on stackoverflow.com.
Good, creative writers are the backbone of our business. We try to hire and retain the best of them.
Our interview process is aimed to make the process efficient and objective. This ensures that we do not have to waste time in our hiring process and get back to real work ASAP. I outline the process below; in case someone else is interested.Continue reading
In the second interview, I get to interview Mr. Sudhir of vfreshers.com. He runs a website that provides info about fresher jobs.
- Q. In your own words, who are you and what is your business?
- A. I am an IT Professional having worked in Software industry in India & USA for 4-5 years. I have been working on Vfreshers.com along with my wife who is a law graduate and left her career to pursue my dream.I have also left my full-time job 3 months back. Vfreshers.com is a platform for all the fresh graduates in India.
- Q. How did you come up with the idea for your business?
- A. I myself used to look for this kind of information when I passed out of University. Initially, I started with a website on Walk-in Interviews and then later on started Vfreshers.com
- Q. Is this your first business?
- A. Yes
Recently, while interviewing a person, I came up with an interesting question. That led to a series of discoveries about the interviewee. So I thought I would share it here.
How does xUnit work? **
This one question offered insight into various aspects that I cared about. I steered the discussion until I got the answers to these question, without asking them explicitly.
- Do you know what unit testing is? – Awareness level
- When do you write test cases? Before or after the change? – Practitioner skills
- How does unit testing work? – Conceptual skills
- Do you understand annotations? How are they used in JUnit / NUnit? – Advanced developer skills
- Do you understand the implementation behind unit test frameworks, or are you a dumb consumer? – Architectural skills
- How was the implementation explained? – Communication skills
What are your favourite questions?
** Replace xUnit with language specific implementation (JUnit, NUnit, etc.).
In a planned series of interviews with Indian entrepreneurs, here is the first one. I got in touch with Kishore, an old friend and associate, and talked to him about his venture fullhyd.com.
- In your own words, who are you and what is your business?
fullhyd.com is a local content and local search company, currently focusing on Hyderabad, India, and planning to scale to all Indian cities soon. We help people find comprehensive details about various businesses and services in their neighbourhood, and help them interact with the businesses, and with each other about the businesses.
We also cover life in the city – events, movies, shopping & sales – and serve as a local community organizer, apart from being a guide for tourists.
Our revenue/business is focused on providing unprecedentedly low-cost advertising solutions to small and medium business enterprises, by helping them reach customers in their neighbourhood, and pay for just that.
- How did you come up with the idea for your business?
Through reading about the Internet and the way it is likely to evolve. I felt geographic communities are quite likely to be big.
- Is this your first business?